I consider myself a fairly healthy person. I try to maintain a healthy diet and I work out at least 3 times a week. Granted, I know there are changes even I can make to better my health. I am a firm believer in the phrase “every little bit counts.” In this case, I’m talking about making every little decision geared towards having better health count. No matter how small you may think it is, what you’re doing today will pay off tomorrow. That’s why I decided to compile a list of 10 steps and things you can do right now for a better and healthier tomorrow!
10 Things You Can Do Right Now For Better Health
1.Aim to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water each day. I keep a water bottle at my desk and try to fill it up at least 3 times every day to make sure I’m staying hydrated.
2. Take a 30 minute walk. I love taking walks after lunch when I’m at work. It’s helps me mentally and physically. 30 minutes is totally doable. Try splitting it up if 30 minutes in one go isn’t possible.
3. Take the stairs or park your car further away from a store entrance. I know it’s easier to take an elevator, but if you can take the stairs, do it! We work on the 3rd floor of our building. I take the stairs every morning, during my lunch, and after work.
4. Work on eliminating any added sugar from your diet. i.e. the sugar in your daily morning coffee, cereal, yogurt with fruit, granola, bread. There is sugar in everything!
5. Focus on eating clean, whole foods throughout your whole day, starting with breakfast. I try to start my day with eggs and avocado or some fruit, it helps to set the tone for the day ahead.
6. Have green-tea in the afternoon if you need a pick me up! I used to drink coffee in the afternoon every day. I can’t remember the last time I’ve done that. Caffeine affects me more now than it used to so if I need a pick me up, I will drink some green tea or fill up that water bottle again!
7. Switch out your dessert or chocolate for some fresh fruit. I love eating fruit in the morning or having an apple as a snack. I also recommend having a few dates with some peanut butter to satisfy your sweet tooth.
8. Practice gratitude. Mental health is just as important as physical health! Remember to take the time to practice gratitude every day, no matter what life throws at you.
9. Move once every hour from your desk. I can’t stay sitting for more than an hour at my desk so for me this is an easy one. Get up, stretch, move around! It makes a difference!
10. Do one thing that makes you happy! Whether it’s listening to music or reading a book, do one thing that gives you that sense of happiness and makes you smile!
What are some other tips and tricks that help you make better choices for better health everyday?