It’s crazy to think that the holidays are just around the corner! This year has flown by. It seems like just yesterday I had just gotten engaged (almost one year ago in December) and now we’re less than 8 months away from the big day!
I usually have a tough time looking forward to the holidays. Mostly because the holidays seem to bring stress for so many people and because of that, I know we’re all a little guilty of forgetting what’s really important this time of year.
This past year has been more difficult than others not only for me, but my family and Hector’s family. We’ve had 3 deaths, a serious crisis in Puerto Rico, and personal challenges that have made it feel like 2017 is quite possibly the worst year ever! I have never wished for a year to be over already more than I have with 2017. If there is anything I have learned this year that I can hopefully share with others, it is to take a step back and remember that no matter what life throws at me, I am incredibly blessed and still have so much to be thankful for.
Even though it may be tough to practice this especially when stress gets in the way, I thought I’d share what I am thankful for this holiday season, in hopes that I can inspire you to take a moment and reflect.
What I’m Thankful for This Holiday Season
1. Hector – This is an obvious one but I really am beyond thankful to have Hector in my life. He’s the calm to my crazy. He can make my day better with just a few words. I will be forever grateful for the love of my life and I cannot wait to marry him!
2. My family – I had mentioned previously that we had several deaths this year and if there is anything I learned, it’s that family is so precious. I feel so lucky to have such an amazing family, as crazy as they might make me some days. 😉
3. Hector’s family – I am so looking forward to getting to spend time with them for New Years and celebrating with them on our wedding day! Even though we don’t get to see them as often as we’d love to, I feel so lucky to have gained another family that has been loving, supportive, and welcoming since day one.
4. My job – I feel lucky to have a job that feels rewarding. As stressful as it can be some days, at the end of the day I know that my job helps make a difference in someone’s life and that to me is the most rewarding thing of all.
5. My health – I do what I can to lead a healthy life by staying active and eating healthy. Having dealt with a couple of health issues or having to see my uncle lose his life after suffering from a horrible and incurable disease, certainly makes you realize that without your health, nothing else really matters!
6. My tiny apartment – I love how cozy our apartment is, even if the closet is officially over flowing with my clothes and shoes 😉 It’s perfect for Hector and I for the place we are in our lives together.
7. Chicago – As much as I hate the winter or the unpredictable weather, I feel very lucky to live and work in a city so full of diversity! There is always something new to discover and explore in this beautiful city.
8. Keratin – The one thing in my life that has made doing my hair so easy. Might be a silly thing to be thankful for but when you have hair like mine, you really appreciate having something to calm the mane when you no longer can!
What are you thankful for this holiday season?
Shop the Look