What I normally wear during the week is usually drastically different from what I wear on the weekends. Having a full-time job requires my style to be a little more business casual and put together so on the weekends I do enjoy “spicing” up my outfits a little bit and having some fun!
Since I get more time to get ready in general on the weekends (as opposed to rushing to get out the door during the week to make the train), I usually have time to think through what I want to wear and what look I might be going for depending on the occasion.
Whether you’re going out with some girlfriends, are going on a first date, or doing dinner with your significant other, these are some great ways for spicing up any outfit!
1. Pop of color – whether it’s a bold pink or red lip, a pop of color always spices my outfit up a bit. My go-to lip colors are red or a hot pink like MAC’s Ruby Woo.
2. Heel it up – I’m loving mules lately. Adding any kind of height to an outfit can make you feel like you’re walking the runway.
3. Accessorize – A bold statement necklace or some fun colorful earrings can make any everyday outfit stand out by adding this little touch of glam.
4. Add some waves – I use a 1 1/4 inch curling iron to add some extra romantic waves and volume.
5. Confidence – In the end, it truly is all about confidence no matter what you’re wearing! So girl, you better work! 😉
What are some ways you like to spice of your outfits?
Shop the Look