Happy Friday! It’s always a little strange coming back from a long holiday weekend then going to work for a couple of days. It almost seems as though the week is longer and I’m just really confused as to what day it actually is.
Here are some updates and other things going on in my life lately!
1. The holiday weekend was so fun! We even had plenty of time to relax which we needed. Hector and I did pretty much everything we wanted to do like lay out by the pool, go to the city, even escaped for a one day getaway to Lake Geneva. 4th of July was a ton of fun, too. Here are some photos from our 4 day weekend! (Also, I can’t believe it’s already July?!)
2. I’ve been longing to go somewhere so badly. I have serious wanderlust. I keep seeing so many people on vacations or on the beach somewhere far away and I can’t help but have serious wanderlust. Hector is going to Puerto Rico soon to visit his family and unfortunately I’m not able to go with this trip but I am looking forward to our little weekend to D.C. in August. It’s something, right?
3. I’m getting my hair done on Saturday and I’m not sure what I’m doing to do with it quite yet. I’m really getting tired of the blonde in my hair so I might go more natural altogether. What do you think!? I always like recommendations.
4. I’ve been giving myself more a mental and physical break lately. I think sometimes you just need those every once in awhile. I get burnt out because I am one of those people that can’t stand still. I will want to go for a walk after walking around all day or running errands. Hector always wonders how I have so much energy. I sometimes don’t feel like myself when I am feeling really exhausted but I know it’s my body telling me I need to slow down and that’s OK! I know it’s tough to just allow yourself a few days to rest but it’s necessary for your health.
5. I’ve gotten so many compliments on these fun sunglasses since I debuted them. I recently teamed up with ilymix and I have to say, I love their fun glasses and accessories. They are giving my readers and followers 20% off any item of their choice by using the code melissa20. I love my pink sunnies but I’m also eyeing these in black (they come in 8 different colors!) these, and this pair, too. I’m also loving this crossbody bag in black and this fun beach hat. The packaging is SO nice and they ship FREE worldwide!
I hope you have a great weekend! As always, thanks for reading!